Join us in Finca San Antonio, Intag, Ecuador, in the beautiful Andes for the adventure holiday of a lifetime. This is your chance to experience life in a remote Andean community – the perfect location for travellers who prefer to get off the beaten track.
We are a local organisation, and our long-term intention is to slow down deforestation by providing an alternative, sustainable source of income for locals.
A Cloud Forest adventure includes
- Amazing hiking into the pristine jungle of one of the world’s least explored Nature Reserves (Cotacachi-Cayapas) which has one of the highest levels of endemic species in the world.
- Guided forest tours in finca San Antonio and further afield, horse-riding trips, treks with spectacular views of volcanoes, highlands and jungles. Great bird-watching (toucan barbet, two species of Guan, two species of trogon, quetzal, plate-billed mountain toucan etc)
- Comfortable cabin accommodation, and we're quite often told that the food here is some of the best in Ecuador.
- A chance to experience rural Ecuadorean traditions and to meet local folk: Sub-tropical farming, coffee production, hand milking, cheese-making, basket weaving, traditional sugar cane production, organic farming and trout fishing with Ecuadorian families - all within finca San Antonio, or within a short (3 mile) truck ride to our sub-tropical farm. This is agrotourism at its best, an active experience and fun for all the family!
- No malaria or dengue fever in this area, and no SICCA ( zika) syndrome. No vaccinations are needed to visit Finca San Antonio in Intag. The jungle here is temperate cloud forest and upper montane - a challenging but healthy eco-system.
- We also organise visits to local attractions in the otavalo area such as Nangulvi thermal baths, Wariman sacred temple and museum, and have contacts with two experienced shamans (Yachaks) who offer healing and volunteer experiences near Otavalo.
- Teaching and farmwork/ecological volunteer placements in Intag.
- Visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/cloudforestadventurecotacachi/
- Click on our trip advisor link, or find us under Finca San Antonio and Cotacachi.
Cloud Forest caters for groups from 1 to 10 people and private tours are available. We also cater for larger groups who wish to camp in tents.
Prices per person from $20 to $50 per day (includes all accommodation and food, and free tours within finca san antonio).We’ll come and accompany you to Finca San Antonio too - cost price pick-up service from Quito airport provided by our friends Chari and Felix, who live in Quito, and have a farm in Intag.
We look forward to welcoming you to Ecuador!